Published on : 29 January 20203 min reading time
When you have frizzy, curly or frizzy hair, you may want to straighten it for a new look. But with the different types of straightening available, you don’t know which one to choose. Do you want a permanent straightening or would it be better to have a temporary homemade straightening? To make the right choice, just ask around.
What is meant by hair straightening?
Before thinking about doing a straightening, you should first get to know the two types of hair straightening: the homemade version and the permanent version, which consists of seeing a professional. If you want to straighten your hair by yourself, you can get a Brazilian straightening kit. Professionals in the field of straightening have already thought of everything you need to straighten your hair properly. However, you must be careful not to burn or damage your hair. To do this, you should wait until your hair is dry before straightening it. To achieve a perfect straightening, it is necessary to be well equipped and make sure you know how to use a straightening iron. By choosing the right straightening kits, you can straighten your hair much more than with a simple straightening iron.
The different methods of permanent hair straightening
To carry out a smoothing, there are various methods available; it is advisable to choose the one that suits your needs:
- The Brazilian keratin smoothing: this is the best known method of all because it aims to relax the hair fiber using keratin;
- Japanese straightening: this method is valid for 3 to 6 months to keep the hair straight. It consists of working the hair strand by strand. The treatment usually lasts three hours;
- Luxter straightening: this method strengthens damaged hair, in addition to smoothing it. It is based on vegetable collagen and can be effective for up to 7 months ;
- American straightening: this method is more practical for people with wavy to curly hair. Unlike Japanese straightening, this type of straightening does not give a straight effect, it makes the hair shinier and more beautiful ;
- Straightening: this method is more suitable for frizzy hair of the African type.
How to determine which method gives good results?
When you plan to straighten your hair, you simply have to define the desired effect. That way, you can be sure that the result will be satisfactory. For example, to lightly discipline the hair, we opt for a Brazilian straightening. This gives the hair a neat and shiny look. The advantage of this type of straightening is that it can be done regardless of the nature of the hair. It is also effective against small frizz that shows itself even when it is only a small raindrop. If you have a fringe that is difficult to style, it is preferable to opt for this method. You can buy product to apply locally. If you’re the type of person who changes your hairdo at the slightest opportunity or even every day, then you can choose Luxter straightening. That is to say, you can do a perfect blow dry and then change to a natural hairstyle. To do this, use a hairdryer or let it dry naturally to keep a slightly wavy effect. Korean straightening is to be selected if you want to achieve straight hair. For Afro or mixed race hair, Japanese straightening is the ideal solution. The same is for frizzy hair, if you want to have silky and straight hair.